Ink Inclinations

Claire Harrison Independent Stampin’ Up! ® Demonstrator

Friday, January 16, 2009

Evolution of a card KW CI 38

Wow! This was so not the card I set out to make for this Colour Inspiration challenge!
I have been racking my brains since Kristina posted CI 38 about how on earth I was going to successfully combine them. Eventually I decided that maybe they would work for a "brayered sky" type of thing. So I set off to Michelle Zindorf's wonderful blog tutorials to refresh myself with the finer points of the technique. I often find my brayer more than a little challenging! Anyway, whilst browsing I happened upon this tutorial, and decided to give it a go in the inspiration colours. I am really surprised and pleased with the way it turned out! It actually reminds me of the enormous Emperor Bush moths we get down here in Tassie.


Card recipe:

Stamps: Natural Beauty, Carte Postale, Baroque Motifs


Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip


Inks: Ruby Red, Pretty In Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Versa Mark, Chocolate Chip


Accessories: Versa Marker, Stamp and Write Markers, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponges, White Gel Pen, Jumbo Eyelet, Ribbon


Technique: Emboss resist


Hope you like it. I would love to hear your comments. Thanks so much for stopping by.


Claire

5 comments:

Jenn D said...

I love the butterfly on the pattered background stamp. Very elegant looking.

Carolynne H said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

Aussieleigh said...

Your card is simply gorgeous and the butterfly is delicious

Butternut Sage Designs said...

Love this card and it looks so nice with your blog border! ~Donna

Tracey Old said...

As soon as I saw your card I thought WOW I really like this. well done with the challenge.